The original Land Grant of 200 acres was given to Robert Cummings in 1805.
From this area in 1927 Arthur Bull purchased 157 acres and then in 1939 W. Hansford bought 98 acres and constructed a golf course and clubhouse which was leased to the Cabramatta County Golf Club. The club was affiliated with the Metropolitan Golf Association and Sydney Sub District Golf Association.
The original course was a par 66 on approximately 78 acres with 20 acres of undeveloped land south at the old 3rd green. A boundary fence ran behind the 3rd green across to the Cabramatta Creek.
During 1946/47 discussions took place with the owners regarding purchasing the property and at the meeting held at the Granville Town Hall it was decided to buy the land at a cost of 16,000 pounds, financed by a loan from the bank of N.S.W and an equal investment by Member Debenture Holders. On 4th March 1947, Cabramatta Golf Club Ltd was formed and incorporated under the companies Act. The property was transferred on the 24th March 1947.
Giving geographical context to places of interest in Australia